Litti Chokha Recipe
Litti Chokha is a Bihari dish made with wheat flour with the filling of stuff inside of it served with Eggplant gravy.
This is an amazing recipe which is served as the main course, you can have it for lunch, dinner or any holiday which you want to make delicious. Litti is a ball of wheat flour but filled with the filling of Sattu (powdered gram or lentil) and other spices stuffing. The stuffing is also known as Pitthi. it is served with eggplant or potato gravy with ghee pour over the hot Litti balls which enhance the taste to a different level.
Ingredient required for Litti Chokha:
|1 eggplant/ brinjal/ Batha (200gm)|
1 boiled potato (150gm)
3 cloves garlic (fine chopped)
lemon juice (5-10 ml)
1 medium chopped tomato (50-75gm)
1 chopped green chili (10-15 gm)
Finely chopped coriander leaves. (100 gm)
20 gm Chat masala
10 gm Amchur powder.
Salt to taste.
1 Fine chopped Onion (50-60 gm)
|Sattu 250gm (black gram flour)|
Salt to taste
Teaspoon Kalonji 5 gm (nigella seeds)
1/2 teaspoon grated (kisa hua) ginger
1 chopped green chili
Mustard oil (10ml)
Lemon juice (5-7 ml)
Half teaspoon thymol (Ajwain) seeds
1/2 handful chopped coriander leaves
1 teaspoon pickle (mango preferred) masala
For Litti layer:
Utensils required for Litti Chokha:
Food recipe for Litti Chokha:
- Take the bowl and add all the ingredient of Litti into it with some melted butter and mix it well to prepare a soft dough.
- Its time to prepare the filling, for it put Sattu in a bowl and add all the other ingredient of the list into it. Stuff it in butter at medium flame or 180-degree Celcius. heat it until it becomes brown and stuffy.
- Flatten the litti flour in small round shapes and put filling on it and cover it like a ball with litti layer. The core of litti ball should be properly filled with filling.
- Now put all these balls on the griller and let it heat till the upper layer of litti balls turn hard with black patches on it. Meanwhile.
- Cover the brinjal and tomatoes with aluminum foil and roast them on high heat.
- Remove brinjal upper layer and put it in the bowl along with tomatoes and boiled potatoes and mix it properly.
- Time to add all other ingredients of chokha into the bowl, mix it well and heat it on frying pan with low flame for hardly 3-4 minutes.
- Check the litti balls, if they are ready then dip the balls in Ghee and serve it with Chokha(bharta).
Other Details for Litti Chokha:
- Total time for preparation will be approx 1 hour.
- Serve it after pouring the Litti ball in the melted butter.
- Chopped onion on the Bharta.
- Add lemon juice if needed in Chokha.
Nutrition in Litti Chokha:
Litti – 1 Piece
Serving Size: 1 piece (50g grams)
Amount Per Serving
- Calories from Fat 26
- Calories 116 joule
- Total Fat 2.9g grams
- Saturated Fat 0.9g grams
- Trans Fat 0g grams
- Cholesterol 2.7mg milligrams
- Sodium 108mg milligrams
- Potassium 148mg milligrams
- Total Carbohydrates 19g grams
- Dietary Fiber 3.1g grams
- Sugars 1g grams
- Protein 4.4g grams
* These figures can vary as per the ingredients used and cook way and serving quantity.
Enjoy more recipes at X food Recipes !!!