Lemon Rice and Jasmine Rice
Rice in any meal plays a vital role, Something that you would love to have it with curry or gravy but even as individuals they are complete and delicious. Here we are giving you the food recipes of 2 most famous rice dishes, one that makes any gravy taste better and one that itself is a complete thali/meal. They are Lemon rice and Jasmine rice.
Lemon rice is a south Indian dish that is very famous for its crunchy and sour smoothing taste, you don’t need anything with it. Lemon rice in itself is a complete package of nutrition, taste, and deliciousness.
On the other hand, jasmine rice is one of the famous Thailand rice recipes that it served mostly with Thai curry and it an make any curry taste better. This adds an extra essence of taste to the meal.
These both rice dishes come from different culture and countries but when it comes to plain rice dishes, no one can beat them until you are not having biryani.
Ingredient required for Lemon rice and Jasmine rice:
|Ingredients Of jasmine rice|
|Ingredients Of lemon rice|
Utensils/machine for Lemon Rice and Jasmine rice:
Food recipe for Lemon rice and Jasmine rice:
Food recipe for Lemon Rice:
- Rinse the rice in the bowl till it washes properly and soaks it for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water after it and cook the rice in the pressure cooker with 1 small spoon salt and 1 small spoon oil or ghee on medium-high flame.
- 100 gm plain rice will be converted into 300-400 gm steamed rice once boil.
- This depends upon the rice quality you choose and how old the rice is. (Basmati long grain rice will be a good choice.)
- Once done, pull out the rice out of the cooker and it cool down.
- The oil or ghee in rice will make sure that each grain will be separated and properly boiled.
- Now to make it lemon rice. take a frying pan and heat it on medium flame.
- First, add the 2-3 spoon of sesame oil and fry the peanuts in it till they become crunchy.
- Pull them out and fry cashews in the same pan now till they become golden brown.
- Add 1 more spoon of sesame oil now and add the mustard seed(rai) until it cracks, then the urad daal.
- Saute this till the urad daal become crunchy and golden.
- Make sure this all should be on low flame so that the spices don’t burn.
- Add the dry red chili then fine chopped green chili and then the curry leaves.
- Saute it for few seconds until the chilies change their color.
- Switch off the flame and add asafoetida(Hing)and haldi(turmeric powder), mix it well.
- Pour this complete mixture on the rice.
- Drop the fried cashews, peanut and lemon juice over it and salt to taste.
- Mix it all well and serve it hot with chutney, papad or plain lemon rice will also work.
Food recipe for Jasmine rice:
- Wash the rice first, under tap water rinse it until water runs clear then drain the water.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil at medium flame.
- To this add ginger and garlic, still until the fragrance low down. approximately for 30 seconds.
- Add rice to it and stir for 3-5 minutes. Stir it in chicken broth and water solution. Sprinkle cilantro over it.
- Steam the rice till the waters boil completely. Reduce the heat from medium to low.
- Cook till the rice become tender.
- Let it settle for next 10 minutes after lifting up from the flame.
- Take a fork and fluff the rice smoothly.
- Transfer it to bowl or plate Serve it hot with Thai curry or other gravy.
Other Details for Lemon rice and Jasmine rice:
For Lemon Rice:
- Serve it with Coconut chutney for a better texture and taste.
- The mentioned recipe will take 25 minutes max to cook.
For Jasmine Rice:
- Serve it with hot Thai curry for a better taste.
- Jasmine rice is flavored rice so use the salt quantity carefully.
- It will take 25 minutes maximum to cook.
- Serve it with lemon and onion as the salad.
Nutrition in Lemon rice and Jasmine rice:
|Component||Lemon Rice||Jasmine Rice|
|Calories||641 kcal||160 gm|
|Protein||14 gm||3 gm|
|Carbohydrate||87 gm||36 gm|
|Vitamin C||232.4 %||–|
This may vary depending upon ingredient and their quantity.
Enjoy more recipes at X food Recipes !!!