Lachha Paratha Recipe
The Lachha Paratha is a classical Indian bread dish made with maida(all purpose flour). It is one of the famous and delicious combo dishes serve in North India and Punjab. Here we are providing you the best Laccha paratha recipe. This paratha is made of multiple layers which give it crunch from top and smoothness from inside because of which it tastes better with all gravy dishes especially with Paneer tikka.
Serve it with Pickles as well or Butter paneer masala for a heavy and delicious dinner, this can be a heavy meal for breakfast but who wants to compromise when it is about taste. You can serve it with Chutneys for more flavors.
Ingredient required for Lachha Paratha:
- 2 full cups Flour (90% maida + 10% wheat flour)
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seed (10 gm)
- Ghee 150-200gm (for layering)
Food recipe for Lachha Paratha:
- Begin with making the dough first take the flour add some water and make dough from it.
- Add the fried cumin seed with the oil in the dough and mix it well.
- Kneel the dough well by adding some more water to make the dough smooth and soft.
- Keep the dough aside after covering for 10 minutes.
- Now divide the dough into 10 equal portions of small dough balls.
- Heat a Skillet on medium flame, if you are using an iron one then grease it well before use.
- Take small dough balls and dust them into the flour and roll it into the circle of 6-inch diameter. now add a layer of ghee on it and roll it out.
- Dust some flour over the ghee. This flour and ghee will help the lachha paratha split itself into layers.
- Start folding the lachha paratha dough like you roll the saree or foil on a roller. start from one end to another. the dough must be made into a pleat.
- Stack up the pleat one over the other and roll it into the swiss roll.
- Flaten the pleated swiss roll dough in between of your palm, dust a little flour and roll it into 4-5 diameter circle.
- You can see each and every one of the layers properly. (3-4 layer is sufficient)
- Place it on the skillet cook on the medium heat from both side then ad small ghee to it and cook it until it becomes golden brown in color and cooked completely.
- Each paratha will need 4-5 minutes to cook completely.
- Process the same with remaining dough balls.
- Ready to serve now.
Other Details for Lachha Paratha:
- This recipe will serve 3 people.
- Preparation time will be 30 minutes.
- Cooking time will be 40 minutes.
- Ready to serve in 75 minutes.
- Serve it hot because once it cools down, the taste vanishes.
Amount Per Serving (values for 112 gm of serving)
Enjoy more recipes at X food Recipes !!!