Brinjal Curry (Badanekaayi Gojju)
This in Karnataka is also known as Brinjal Curry (Badanekaayi Gojju), It is a kind of creamy, spicy, tangy and lips smacking curry serve with roti or rice, mostly with rice. If you are fed up with regular brinjal main course then this is the one you should try.
It can be served with Lachha paratha, naan and Raita can bring some extra taste for your taste buds. Brinjal Curry (Badanekaayi Gojju) is a Karnataka based Food recipe for the main course that’s the reason it is served with rice most, we can use this for regular thali meal as a special item on our menu.
Ingredient required for Brinjal Curry (Badanekaayi Gojju):
|For the Paste||For the filling|
Utensils required for Brinjal Curry (Badanekaayi Gojju):
Food recipe for Brinjal Curry (Badanekaayi Gojju):
- Take all the brinjals and wash them properly.
- Cut the brinjal crosswise.
- All the ingredients mentioned in the “For filling” table mix it all together in a bowl.
- Keep it aside, time to prepare another thing.
- In the blender, take all the ingredients mentioned in the “For paste” table and blend it to make a smooth paste by adding required amount of water in it.
- In a Wok/kadhai heat the oil in low flame and add mustard seed till it starts to give crackling sound.
- After this add chopped onion and saute it till becomes light red.
- Add the brinjals and the remaining filling in the Wok at low flame for sauteing.
- Cover it with lid till the brinjal become slighlty soft and nearly cooked.
- It’s time to add ground paste and water.
- After 2-3 minutes on medium flame add salt and jaggery. now cover it with a lid to cook.
- Cook this till the gravy becomes thick and red with brinjal completely cooked.
- Use some peanuts to garnish the dish along with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with rice or parathas.
Other Details for Brinjal Curry (Badanekaayi Gojju):
- This recipe will serve 4 to 5 people at a time.
- Preparation time will be of 15 minutes.
- Cooking time will be 60 minutes.
- Total time will be 75-80 minutes.
Nutrition in Brinjal Curry (Badanekaayi Gojju):
Amount Per Serving (values for 2000 calories)
Enjoy more recipes at X food Recipes !!!